🔗 12 Most Common Writing Mistakes You Want to Avoid at All Costs
Entrepreneur has a list of their tweleve most common writing mistakes. These mistakes are targetted to business style writing:
- You use industry buzzwords that are hackneyed and phony.
- You assume the reader knows the acronyms or identity of the people you mention.
- You overuse CAPS and punctuation.
- You compose overly complicated, overly abstract or flowery writing.
- You mix single objects with plural pronouns or single subjects with plural verbs.
- You make one of these common mix-ups. (i.e., between/among, less/fewer, then/than, etc.)
- You make vague claims.
- You slip into slang.
- You use unprofessional-looking font.
- You make frequent and immature spelling mistakes.
- You use quotes incorrectly.
- You start a sentence with a numeral.