Additions for Qpsmtpd
These plugins are used daily by the Flarenet ISP mail server, but I have not submitted them to the Qpsmtpd maintainers. As always, use these plugins at your own risk. They work for me, but as far as I know I'm the only one using them.
- Use the existing badmailpatterns and badrcptpatterns control files from the SPAMCONTROL patch.
- Compares the reverse DNS (the host/domain name) against a collection of regular expressions.
- Allow (or white-list) certain email RCPT TO email addresses or users. This is useful for allowing postmaster and abuse mail through.
- Mimics rblsmtpd functionality with respect to the RBLSMTPD environment variable.
The following patches have been sent to the Qpsmtpd mailing list, but are not currently part of the Qpsmtpd distribution. The date in brackets is the day I submitted the patch.
- [2003-12-30] Reject any mail with either a bare carriage-return or bare line-feed in the header of the mail message.
- [2003-12-22] After creating the temporary file, unlink it right away. Also make sure the temporary file doesn't exist before creation.
- [2003-09-05] Rewrote the rhsbl plugin to look up the DNS queries in the background. Also added a configuration option to return soft errors.
- [2003-09-04] Fix a problem with bare linefeed messages being left in the spool directory
- [2003-08-28] Make the temporary files mode 0600
- [2003-08-27] Fixed a warning in the check_badrcptto plugin