Kuro5hin has an article, Pimp my Firefox, about performance enhancements for Firefox/Mozilla browsers.
Today I had to fix another computer infected with spyware/adware junk. Along with the usual Adaware SE and Spybot - Search & Destroy I’ve been using HijackThis I would not recommend HijackThis to a novice, but for some of these insidious infections, it’s about the only tool to remove the BHOs and other deeply embedded junk. Recommended.
I spent some more time tweaking my Template Toolkit templates and scripts to allow me to generate the update entries in a consistent manner. I have one WRAPPER template fragment that generates the blog-entry HTML and then the index.html template for the site grabs the five most recent entries to display on the page. I also added a new Emacs binding to help generate the timestamp for the entry. Two key-strokes later and I have the correct entry.
Finally, an updated design and logo for WormBytes. Every since I spun the consulting part of my job out of Flarenet, I’ve felt I needed a new design and unique logo. Well, today I found a spare few minutes to develop the little worm in the corner to go with the updated colour scheme and layout. Everyone seems to think he looks cute. I haven’t named him yet of course.